Writing for social scientists : how to start and finish your thesis, book, or article
- Becker, Howard Saul, 1928-
- Chicago : University of Chicago Press, 1986.
- Physical description
- xii, 180 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Chicago guides to writing, editing, and publishing
- Bibliography: p. 169-175.
- Publisher's Summary
- Acutely sensitive to the anxieties that plague social science writers, Becker does a brilliant job of speaking to the moral and emotional problems at the root of bad writing. He shows students (and post-graduates) what they are doing wrong in their attempts to write and offers eminently useful suggestions about what they should be doing instead.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Howard S. Becker, with a chapter by Pamela Richards.
- Includes index.