The Holy Bible
- Uniform Title
- Bible. English. Douai 1899.
- Rockford, Ill. : Tan Books, 1971.
- Physical description
- 1086, 306 p. : maps, plan. ; 21 cm.
UPDATE - Library closed July 25 - Sept. 9.
The Library will be closed during its relocation to the new McMurtry Building. Please check out Art materials prior to July 25.
- In-library use BS180 1899B
- Publication date
- translated from the Latin Vulgate; diligently compared with the Hebrew, Greek, and other editions in divers languages. The Old Testament first published by the English college at Douay, A.D. 1609, and the New Testament first published by the English college at Rheims, A.D. 1582. With annotations, references, and an historical and chronological index; the whole revised and diligently compared with the Latin Vulgate. Published with the approbation of His Eminence James, cardinal Gibbons, archbishop of Baltimore.