The Holy Bible
- Uniform Title
- Bible. English. Douai 1899.
- Rockford, Ill. : Tan Books, 1971.
- Physical description
- 1086, 306 p. : maps, plan. ; 21 cm.
The Art & Architecture Library is closed July 25 - Sept. 9 during its relocation to the new McMurtry Building. The collection is not accessible during this period. Please contact Interlibrary Borrowing to obtain this title.
- In-library use BS180 1899B
- Publication date
- translated from the Latin Vulgate; diligently compared with the Hebrew, Greek, and other editions in divers languages. The Old Testament first published by the English college at Douay, A.D. 1609, and the New Testament first published by the English college at Rheims, A.D. 1582. With annotations, references, and an historical and chronological index; the whole revised and diligently compared with the Latin Vulgate. Published with the approbation of His Eminence James, cardinal Gibbons, archbishop of Baltimore.