Medieval women and the sources of medieval history
- Athens : University of Georgia Press, c1990.
- Physical description
- xvii, 384 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Rosenthal, Joel Thomas, 1934-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- The 15 essays in this volume attempt to show that familiar medieval sources can be read in new ways to yield more information about the status and role of women. The topics examined include: women in Old Norse sources, evidence of women in English legal records and Italian commercial documents.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Joel T. Rosenthal.