Holland's golden age in America : collecting the art of Rembrandt, Vermeer, and Hals
- [New York, N.Y.] : The Frick Collection ; University Park, Pennsylvania : The Pennsylvania State University Press, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xix, 242 pages : illustrations (some color), portraits (some color) ; 27 cm.
The Art & Architecture Library is closed July 25 - Sept. 9 during its relocation to the new McMurtry Building. The collection is not accessible during this period. Please contact Interlibrary Borrowing to obtain this title.
See circulation desk for access
ND646 .H68 2014
- Unknown ND646 .H68 2014
- Quodbach, Esmée, editor.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages (213-221) and index.
- Introduction : a taste for Dutch art / Peter C. Sutton
- The early years : the formation of America's taste for Dutch art. "Pictures chiefly painted in oils, on boards" : Dutch paintings in colonial New York / Louisa Wood Ruby ; Robert Gilmor, Jr.'s "real" Dutch paintings / Lance Humphries ; Collecting old Dutch masters : originals, interpretations, copies, and reproductions / Annette Stott ; Wilhelm von Bode and collecting in America / Catherine B. Scallen
- The gilded age : great collections and collectors of seventeenth-century Dutch art. Golden age paintings in the gilded age : New York collectors and the Metropolitan Museum of Art, 1870-1920 / Walter Liedtke ; "They leave us as they find us, they never elevate" : John G. Johnson and the Dutch masters / Lloyd DeWitt ; Collecting Vermeer, 1887-1919 / Esmée Quodbach ; Collecting Dutch paintings in Boston / Ronni Baer ; The Dutch painting collection at the National Gallery of Art / Arthur K. Wheelock, Jr.
- The twentieth century : the dissemination of Dutch art across America and the Dutch reaction. The passionate eye of W.R. Valentiner : shaping the canon of Dutch painting in America / Dennis P. Weller ; Unexpected rivals for the Dutch : competing with the Americans for Holland's national heritage in Great Britain and elsewhere / Peter Hecht ; Golden opportunities : collecting Rembrandt in southern California / Anne T. Woollett ; Has the great age of collecting Dutch old master paintings come to an end? / Quentin Buvelot.
- "Essays by American and Dutch scholars and museum curators explore the collecting and reception of seventeenth-century Dutch painting in America, from the colonial era through the Gilded Age to today"--Provided by publisher.
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- edited by Esmée Quodbach.
- The Frick Collection studies in the history of art collecting in America