Neoliberalism, education, and terrorism : contemporary dialogues
- Di Leo, Jeffrey R., author.
- Boulder, CO : Paradigm Publishers, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- 174 pages ; 23 cm
LC89 .D525 2014
- Unknown LC89 .D525 2014
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction. Neoliberalism, education, terrorism / Jeffrey R. Di Leo, Henry Giroux, Sophia McClennen, and Ken Saltman
- Militarizing higher education, neoliberalism's culture of depravity, and democracy's demise after 9/11 / Henry A. Giroux
- Venture philanthropy and the neoliberal assault on public education / Kenneth J. Saltman
- Neoliberalism as terrorism ; or, State of disaster exceptionalism / Sophia A. McClennen
- On academic terrorism : neoliberalism, higher education, and the politics of emotion / Jeffrey R. Di Leo
- Conclusion. Twelve theses on education's future in the age of neoliberalism and terrorism / Jeffrey R. Di Leo, Henry A. Giroux, Sophia A. McClennen, and Kenneth J. Saltman.
- Publisher's Summary
- Neoliberalism, Education, Terrorism: Contemporary Dialogues is a collaborative effort among four established public intellectuals who deeply care about the future of education in America and who are concerned about the dangerous effects of neoliberalism on American society and culture. It aims to provide a clear, concise, and thought-provoking account of the problems facing education in America under the dual shadows of neoliberalism and terrorism. Through collaborative and individual essays, the authors provide a provocative account that will be of interest to anyone who concerning with the opportunities and dangers facing the future of education at this critical moment in history.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Jeffrey R. Di Leo, Henry A. Giroux, Sophia A. McClennen, and Kenneth J. Saltman.