Qualitative research in education
LB1028 .A885 2012
- Unknown LB1028 .A885 2012
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction Research in Education Ethical Research in Education Insider Research Writing a Literature Review Interviewing in Education Research Case Study Action Research Ethnographic Research Discourse Analysis and Policy Analysis Text and Image in Qualitative Research - Lydia Spenceley Analysing and Reporting Qualitative Data Disseminating Your Research Conclusion.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This accessible and practical book is a perfect quick guide for postgraduate researchers in education. Looking at the interdependence of teaching and research, the authors show that a critical and analytical exploration of policies and practices is a necessary part of what we mean by being a 'professional' in education. Drawing on the authors' substantial experience of teaching research skills at postgraduate level, as well as on their own experiences as active researchers, the book will guide you through: " discourse analysis " visual methods " textual research " data collection and analysis This co-authored book is structured around a range of methods applicable to educational research and appropriate for use by practitioners at all stages of their professional development. It takes recognisable, 'real life' scenarios as its starting point for each discussion of method, so that readers are able to start from the known and familiar. As well as exploring theoretical aspects of research method, each chapter provides practical tasks and points for discussion and reflection. These approaches, taken together, are designed to build confidence and encourage reader engagement and enjoyment. Liz Atkins is a lecturer and researcher in education at the University of Huddersfield. Sue Wallace is Professor of Continuing Education at Nottingham Trent University.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Liz Atkins and Susan Wallace.
- Research methods in education
- Published in association with BERA.