Connecting histories of education : transnational and cross-cultural exchanges in (post-)colonial education
- New York : Berghahn, 2014.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- vi, 255 pages ; 24 cm
LB14.7 .C66 2014
- Unknown LB14.7 .C66 2014
- Bagchi, Barnita.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- History of education beyond the nation' trends in historical and educational scholarship / Eckhardt Fuchs
- Contested pasts: the concept of civilization in the colonial and nationalist discourse of education / Sabyasachi Bhattacharya
- Writing histories of Congolese colonial education: an historiographical view from Belgium / Marc Depaepe
- Range and limits of the countryside schooling historiography in Latin America (nineteenth and twentieth centuries): some reflections / Alicia Civera
- A trans-cultural transaction: William Carey's Baptist Mission, the monitorial method and the Bengali renaissance / Mary Hilton
- A colonial experiment in education: Madras, 1789-1796 / Jana Tschurenev
- A new education for "Young India": exploring Nai Talim from the perspective of a connected history / Simone Holzwarth
- Colonial education and Saami resistance in early modern Sweden / Daniel Lindmark
- Constructive orientalism: debates on languages and educational policies in Colonial India, 1830-1880 / Hakim Ikhlef
- Raden Ajeng Kartini and cultural nationalism in Java / Joost Coté
- Women's education through women's eyes: literary articulations in colonial western India / Meera Kosambi
- Connecting literature and history of education: analysing the educative fiction of Jean Webster and Lila Majumdar transculturally and connotatively / Barnita Bagchi
- Loreto teaching in India, 1842-2010: transcending the centre-periphery paradigm / Tim Allender.
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- edited by Barnita Bagchi, Eckhardt Fuchs and Kate Rousmaniere.