Teaching students to dig deeper : the common core in action
LB1590.3 .J645 2013
- Unknown LB1590.3 .J645 2013
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 167-172).
- Section I: Creating Thinkers Chapter 1: Analytical Thinkers Chapter 2: Critical Thinkers Chapter 3: Problem Solvers Section II: Creating College- and Career-Ready Learners Chapter 4: Inquisitive Learners Chapter 5: Opportunistic Learners Chapter 6: Flexible Learners Section III: Building Resiliency Chapter 7: Willingness to Accept Critical Feedback Chapter 8: Willingness to Adjust Based on Feedback Chapter 9: Openness to Possible Failure Section IV: Creating Communicators Chapter 10: Able to Express Oneself in Writing and Orally Chapter 11: Skilled at Information Gathering Chapter 12: Draws Inferences and Reaches Conclusions Chapter 13: Uses Technology as a Tool, Not a Crutch.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This important new book identifies the skills and qualities students need, based on the Common Core State Standards, to be really ready for college and careers. Go beyond content knowledge...the deep thinking and learning skills detailed in this book will equip students for success! Prepare your students for their futures by helping them become...Analytic thinkers Critical thinkers Problem solvers Inquisitive Opportunistic Flexible Open minded Teachable Risk takers Expressive Skilled at information gathering Skilled at drawing inferences and reaching conclusions Skilled at using technology as a tool, not a crutch For each skill, you'll learn why it matters, and get a whole host of practical strategies and techniques for bringing the skill to life in the classroom-across the curriculum and for different grade levels. BONUS! You'll get useful, much-needed information on planning high-quality assessments.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Ben Johnson.
- Eye on education book
- First published 2013 by Eye on Education.