How to speak tech [electronic resource] : the non-techie's guide to technology basics in business
- Trivedi, Vinay.
- [New York] : Apress ; New York : Distributed to the book trade worldwide by Springer Science+Business Media New York, c2014.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (1 v.) : ill.
- Inlcudes bibliographical references and index.
- A great book everyone canuse to understand how tech startups work. Rene Reinsberg, GM/VP atGoDaddy, CEO and Co-founder at Locu Finally a book non-techies can use tounderstand the web technologies that are changing our lives. Paul Bottino, ExecutiveDirector, Technology and Entrepreneurship Center, Harvard University Through the simplicity of hispresentation, Vinay shows that the basics of technology can bestraightforwardly understood by anyone who puts in the time and effort to learn. Joseph Lassiter, Professorof Management Science, Harvard Business School and Harvard Innovation Lab In a way that anyone can understand, How to Speak Tech: TheNon-Techie's Guide to Tech Basics in Business spells out the essentialtechnical terms and technologies involved in setting up a companys website orweb application. Nontechnical business readers will find their digital literacypainlessly improved with each ten-minute chapter of this illustrative story ofone successful technology startup building its Web-based business fromscratch. Vinay Trivedia private equity analyst and startup entrepreneurwho works at the intersection of business and techemploys the startup storyline as his frame for explaining in plain language the technology behind ourdaily user experiences, the successful strategies of social media giants, thebold aspirations of tiny startups, and the competitive adaptations of ordinarybusinesses of all sizes and sectors. Along the way, he demystifies all thosetech buzzwords in our business culture whose precise meanings are so oftenelusive even to the people using them. Internet hardware, application software, and business process:the working premise of this book is that none of it is beyond the basicunderstanding of nontechnical business readers. Trivedi peels back the mystery, explains it all in simplest terms, and gives his readers the wherewithal tolisten intelligently and speak intelligibly when the subject turns totechnology in business.
- Publication date
- Vinay Trivedi.
- Place of publication taken from publisher website.
- Available in another form