Next practices : an executive guide for education decision makers
- Vidal, Darryl, 1963- author.
- Lanham : Rowman & Littlefield Education, A division of Rowman & Littlefield, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- v, 90 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
LB1028.3 .V52 2014
- Unknown LB1028.3 .V52 2014
- Casey, Michael, 1957- author.
- Education technology as defined
- Education and technology
- Your organization
- Real-world technology successes and failures--what and why
- Interactive white boards
- One-to-one initiatives
- Wireless networking
- Enterprise computing and the data center
- Disaster recovery and business continuity
- Planning for education technology success--curriculum basis
- Curriculum focused--purposeful work
- Professional development--your district's priorities, practices, and realities
- Technology planning versus implementation planning
- The way forward
- The strategic planning process
- Strategy versus tactics
- Development of the technology plan
- Develop technology standards (practices aren't standards)
- Be careful not to take too long of a view
- Enterprise management and sustainability
- Technology roles in the organization
- Enterprise desktop management--one platform please
- The cloud
- The physical layer--standardize infrastructure
- Putting it all together.
- The purpose of this book is to challenge the top trends and initiatives of the previous decade in educational technology and bring light to their short-falls and misses. It also highlights successful endeavors and strategies and details a common-sense methodology to move your school/district forward in its technology initiatives while insuring sustainability, and longevity and ultimately, success through results. Next Practices identifies technology-based initiatives, such as Interactive White Boards, Data Centers, and 1-to-1 Computing, and reviews actual implementations and case studies, both successful and unsuccessful, to provide a structure to plan and implement educational technology initiatives practical for schools and districts of all sizes. This book goes beyond the examination of current best practices and redefines for educational leaders the next practices for successful technology initiatives in support of 21st century learning.
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Darryl Vidal and Michael Casey.
- Title Variation
- N3xt practices