Technology-enhanced professional learning : processes, practices and tools
- New York : Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group, 2014.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xx, 186 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.
LC1059 .T44 2014
- Unknown LC1059 .T44 2014
- Littlejohn, Allison, 1962-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- INTRODUCTION: Chapter 1: TECHNOLOGY ENHANCED PROFESSIONAL LEARNING: MAPPING OUT A NEW DOMAIN Allison Littlejohn and Anoush Margaryan SECTION 1: WORK PRACTICES Chapter 2: WORK PRACTICES TO SUPPORT CONTINUOUS ORGANISATIONAL LEARNING Julie Clow Chapter 3: DISTRIBUTED WORK: WORKING AND LEARNING AT A DISTANCE Matthew J. Bietz Chapter 4: CROWD WORK AND COLLECTIVE LEARNING Jeffrey V. Nickerson Chapter 5: COMMENTARY ON SECTION 1: WORK PRACTICES Sebastian H.D. Fiedler SECTION 2: LEARNING PROCESSES Chapter 6: NEW FORMS OF TRANSFORMATIVE AGENCY Ritva Engestrom Chapter 7: EXPERTISE DEVELOPMENT THROUGH SCHOOLING AND WORK H. P. A. Boshuizen and M. W. J. van de Wiel Chapter 8: MIMETIC LEARNING IN THE CIRCUMSTANCES OF PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE Stephen Billett Chapter 9: NETWORKED PROFESSIONAL LEARNING Peter B. Sloep Chapter 10: COMMENTARY ON SECTION 2: LEARNING PROCESSES Terje Valjataga and Sebastian H.D. Fiedler SECTION 3: TECHNOLOGIES Chapter 11: ORCHESTRATING COLLABORATION AND COMMUNITY TECHNOLOGIES FOR INDIVIDUAL AND ORGANISATIONAL LEARNING Tobias Ley, Kairit Tammets and Stefanie Lindstaedt Chapter 12: THE SOCIAL SEMANTIC WEB AND WORKPLACE LEARNING Melody Siadaty, Jelena Jovanovic and Dragan Gasevic Chapter 13: LEARNING ANALYTICS AND THEIR APPLICATION IN TECHNOLOGY-ENHANCED PROFESSIONAL LEARNING Bettina Berendt, Riina Vuorikari, Allison Littlejohn and Anoush Margaryan Chapter 14: SIMULATION GAMES FOR WORKPLACE LEARNING Heide Lukosch, Allison Littlejohn and Anoush Margaryan Chapter 15: COMMENTARY ON SECTION 3: TECHNOLOGIES Colin Milligan CONCLUSIONS: Chapter 16: TECHNOLOGY-ENHANCED PROFESSIONAL LEARNING: CHALLENGES AND FUTURE DIRECTIONS Anoush Margaryan and Allison Littlejohn.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Technology-Enhanced Professional Learning addresses the need for continuous workplace learning that derives from the emergence of new, specialized, and constantly changing work practices. While continuous learning is fundamental to enabling individuals to function in and productively shape contemporary workplaces, digital technology is increasingly central to productive workplace practice. By examining the intersection of human learning processes, emergent work practices, and patterns of use of digital technology to support learning and work, this edited collection brings the disparate fields of professional learning and technology-enhanced learning together to advance theory and practice in both realms.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- edited by Allison Littlejohn and Anoush Margaryan.
- Advancing technology-enhanced learning