4G [electronic resource] : LTE/LTE-advanced for mobile broadband
- Dahlman, Erik.
- 2nd ed.
- Oxford ; Waltham, MA : Academic Press, 2014.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (1 v.) : ill.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- The second edition of 4G: LTE/LTE-Advanced for Mobile Broadband reflects the ongoing success of LTE throughout the world and focuses on LTE with full updates including LTE-Advanced (Release 11) to provide a complete picture of the LTE system. The book gives overviews and detailed explanations for the latest LTE standards for radio interface architecture, the physical layer, access procedures, broadcast, relaying, spectrum and RF characteristics, and system performance. Key technologies presented include multi-carrier transmission, advanced single-carrier transmission, advanced receivers, OFDM, MIMO and adaptive antenna solutions, advanced radio resource management and protocols, and different radio network architectures. New content includes: * TDD schemes: Inter-band TDD aggregation with different uplink-downlink configurations* Antenna ports, quasi-co-location of antenna ports, PDSCH-mapping indication and TM10 for multi-antenna/CoMP, add EPDCCH description, extension of CSI-RS to multiple processes and interference measurements* Updates related to inter-band TDD aggregation with different UL-DL configuration, virtual cell ID, and multiple TAGs in case of carrier aggregation * Covers a complete update to the latest 3GPP's Release 11* Two new chapters on HetNet, covering small cells/heterogeneous deployments and CoMP, covering inter-site coordination * Includes updates related to inter-band TDD aggregation with different UL-DL configuration, virtual cell ID, and multiple TAGs in case of carrier aggregation.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Erik Dahlman, Stefan Parkvall, Johan Sköld.
- Title Variation
- LTE/LTE-advanced for mobile broadband
- Fourth generation
- Long-term evolution/long-term evolution-advanced for mobile broadband