Assuring quality in online education : practices and processes at the teaching, resource, and program levels
- First edition.
- Sterling, Virginia : Stylus, 2014.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xxviii, 289 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.
- Online learning and distance education.
LB1028.5 .A745 2014
- Unknown LB1028.5 .A745 2014
- Shattuck, Kay, editor.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Stakeholders of Quality Assurance in Online Education: Inputs and Outputs / Deborah Adair and Sebastián Díaz
- Cost, Access, and Quality: Breaking the Iron Triangle Through Disruptive Technology-Based Innovations / Stella C.S. Porto
- The Sloan Consortium Pillars and Quality Scorecard / Janet C. Moore and Kaye Shelton
- K-12 Online Learning: Recommendations for Assuring Quality / Susan Patrick, Matthew Wicks, and Allison Powell
- Progress Toward Transparency and Quality Assurance / Cali Morrison, Karen Paulson, and Russell Poulin
- A Process to Improve Course Design: A Key Variable in Course Quality / Deborah Adair
- A Model for Determining the Effectiveness and Impact of Faculty Professional Development / Lawrence C. Ragan and Carol A. McQuiggan
- The Power of a Collaborative, Collegial Approach to Improving Online Teaching and Learning / Leonard Bogle, Scott Day, Daniel Matthews, and Karen Swan
- Engaging Online Faculty and Administrators in the Assessment Process / Jennifer Stephens-Helm, Karan Powell, and Julie Atwood
- Disability and Accessibility: Proactive Strategies to Improve Quality / Barbara A. Frey and Lorna R. Kearns
- Assuring Quality for an Expanding Population of Culturally Diverse Students / Kay Shattuck, Jennifer A. Linder-VanBerschot, Janice Maloney High, Carrie Main, Li Wang, and David Black
- Ethics Matters: Assuring Quality at the Academic Program Level / Melody M. Thompson and Gary W. Kuhne
- Academic Advising: A Link to a Quality Experience for Students / Heather L. Chakiris
- Learning Analytics: A Tool for Quality Assurance / Phil Ice, Melissa Layne, and Wallace Boston
- Using Principles of Knowledge Management for Educational Quality Assurance / Sebastián Díaz, Wallace Boston, Melissa Layne, and Phil Ice
- An Adaptive Model for Calculating Contact Hours in Distance-Education Courses / Karan Powell, Jennifer Stephens-Helm, Melissa Layne, and Phil Ice
- The Role and Realities of Accreditation: A Practical Guide for Programs and Institutions Preparing for an Accreditation Visit / Susan Biro, Christine Mullins, and Jean Runyon
- Saying "Quality Assurance" When We Mean Something Else / Julie Porosky Hamlin
- Bumblebees Can Fly--And So Can We! / John Sener.
- Publisher's Summary
- Online distance education continues to grow at a fast pace, even outpacing the overall growth of U.S. higher education. Demands for quality are coming from all shareholders involved. As if caught by surprise, a patchwork response to quality is often the typical organisational response. The result can be inconsistent and uncoordinated levels of value to those invested in online learning. This often promotes negative images of the educational experience and institution. Comprised of highly regarded experts in the field, this edited volume provides a comprehensive overview of quality assurance, a snapshot of current practices and proven recommendations for raising standards of quality in online education.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- edited by Kay Shattuck, series foreword by Michael Grahame Moore.
- Online learning and distance education: leadership, innovation, policy, and practice