Advances in military textiles and personal equipment [electronic resource]
- Oxford : Woodhead Pub., c2012.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (xxiv, 325 p. : ill.)
- Woodhead publishing in textiles ; 122.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Part 1 Design issues in military clothing and equipment: Key issues in body armour: Threats, materials and design-- Assessing military equipment requirements and capability: the Australian experience-- Anthropometric methods for the successful design of military clothing and equipment-- Psychological issues in military uniform design-- Colour and camouflage design issues in military clothing-- Materials and design issues for military helmets-- Design issues in military footwear and hand wear. Part 2 Applications to particular types of military clothing and equipment: Customization of a lightweight bullet proof vest for the female form-- Optimisation of body armour design parameters: Vulnerability and survivability assessment-- High performance ballistic protection using polymer nanocomposites-- Modelling the comfort and protection qualities of chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear (CBRN) protective clothing-- Advances in materials for chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear (CBRN) protective clothing-- Designing load carriage systems for military personnel-- Advanced hydration systems for soldiers: the example of the US army.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- The right clothing and equipment is of vital importance to the survival and effectiveness of military personnel. Advances in military textiles and personal equipment summarises key research on the design, manufacture and applications of military textiles. Beginning with an overview of design issues, part one explores anthropometric methods, psychological, colour and camouflage issues related to the successful design of military textiles. Materials and design issues in military helmets, footwear and hand wear are also reviewed. Part two goes on to consider applications of particular types of military clothing and equipment, including optimisation of body armour design, high performance ballistic protection using polymer nanocomposite technology as well as advances in materials and modelling of chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear protective clothing. Finally, Advances in military textiles and personal equipment looks specifically at designing load carriage and advanced hydration systems for military personnel. With its distinguished editor and international team of expert contributors, Advances in military textiles and personal equipment is an invaluable resource for all those working in the design, manufacture and production of military clothing and equipment, as well as for the defence industry itself.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Military uniforms.
- Textile fabrics > Technological innovations.
- Protective clothing > Technological innovations.
- Body armor > Technological innovations.
- TECHNOLOGY & ENGINEERING / Technical & Manufacturing Industries & Trades
- Armed Forces > Supplies and stores.
- Armed Forces > Uniforms.
- Military uniforms.
- Great Britain.
- Publication date
- edited by E. Sparks.
- Woodhead Publishing series in textiles, 2042-0803 ; no. 122
- "Textile Institute".