10 models of teacher evaluation : the policies, the people, the potential
- Silverberg, David, 1965- author.
- Lanham, Maryland : Rowman & Littlefield, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xviii, 245 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
LB2338 .S547 2014
- Unknown LB2338 .S547 2014
- Jungwirth, Linda, author.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Austin Independent School District, TX (AISD)
- Fairfax County Public Schools, VA (FCPS)
- Farmington Public Schools, MI (FPS)
- Harrison School District Two, CO (HSD2)
- Madison Local School District, OH (MLSD)
- Northwest Tri-Country Intermediate Unit #5, PA (IU5)
- Tillamook School District #9, OR (TSD9)
- Tippecanoe School Corporation, IN (TSC)
- Washoe County School District, NV (WCSD)
- Winnisquam Regional School District SAU 59, NH (WRSD)
- Conclusion: Looking to the future
- Appendix A: Helpful forms
- Appendix B: Comparison of teacher evaluation models : proportionality of elements contributing to teacher evaluation
- Appendix C: Breakthrough questions.
- Publisher's Summary
- For the first time, school districts around the country are being required to adopt formal accountability measures to assess teacher effectiveness. In a radical shift, teacher quality will be based on outputs (student achievement; teacher observations) rather than inputs (years of service; degrees attained). This change in school culture and practice is an attempt to improve everything from individual student learning to national economic competitiveness. It also requires that administrators implement new and rigorous teacher evaluation programs that align with state and federal guidelines. Busy administrators lack the training and experience necessary to quickly and efficiently craft a teacher evaluation system that successfully meets the needs of their district. Questions like "What is the best program for my district?" or "How do I get the teachers on-board?" are being asked by school leaders across the country. This book provides real-world answers by highlighting 10 diverse model programs from around the country.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- David Silverberg, EdD and Linda D. Jungwirth, EdD.
- Title Variation
- Ten models of teacher evaluation