A friendly approach to complex analysis
- Maad Sasane, Sara, author.
- Singapore ; Hackensack : World Scientific, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xv, 272 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
QA331 .M258 2014
- Unknown QA331 .M258 2014
- Sasane, A. (Amol), 1976- author.
- Includes bibliographical references (page 269) and index.
- Complex Numbers-- Elementary Functions-- Complex Differentiability and the Cauchy - Riemann Equations-- Contour Integration-- Cauchy Integral Theorem and Its Consequences-- Taylor and Laurent Series-- Harmonic Functions.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- The book constitutes a basic, concise, yet rigorous course in complex analysis, for students who have studied calculus in one and several variables, but have not previously been exposed to complex analysis. The textbook should be particularly useful and relevant for undergraduate students in joint programmes with mathematics, as well as engineering students. The aim of the book is to cover the bare bones of the subject with minimal prerequisites. The core content of the book is the three main pillars of complex analysis: the Cauchy - Riemann equations, the Cauchy Integral Theorem, and Taylor and Laurent series expansions. Each section contains several problems, which are not purely drill exercises, but are rather meant to reinforce the fundamental concepts. Detailed solutions to all the exercises appear at the end of the book, making the book ideal also for self-study. There are many figures illustrating the text.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Sara Maad Sasane (Lund University, Sweden), Amol Sasane (London School of Economics, UK).