Digital leadership : changing paradigms for changing times
- Sheninger, Eric C., author.
- Thousand Oaks, California : Corwin, a SAGE company : Ontario Principals' Council, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xxxv, 227 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
LB1028.3 .S4426 2014
- Unknown LB1028.3 .S4426 2014
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 213-219) and index.
- Foreword by Yong Zhao Preface Acknowledgments About the Author A Day in the Life of a Digital Leader 1. The Evolving Educational Landscape 2. Why Schools Must Change 3. Keys to Leading Sustainable Change 4. Leading With Technology 5. Communication 6. Public Relations 7. Branding 8. Professional Growth and Development 9. Increasing Student Engagement and Enhancing Learning 10. Rethinking Learning Environments and Spaces 11. Discovering Opportunity 12. A Call to Action Appendix A: The ISTE National Educational Technology Standards for Administrators Appendix B: Twitter Memo for Parents Appendix C: Student Media Waiver Appendix D: Professional Growth Period Model Developed at New Milford High School Appendix E: Integrating Digital Tools and Content to Develop Essential Literacies Appendix F: IOCS Rubric References Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Digital Leadership presents a framework for leaders to harness the power of digital technologies in order to create school cultures that are transparent, relevant, meaningful, engaging, and inspiring. This book provides leaders with concrete evidence used to transform the teaching and learning culture of a school in a relatively short period of time. It examines how shifting a leadership style from one of mandates, directives, and buy-in to one grounded in empowerment, support, and embracement is the key to sustainable change. It looks at specific areas embedded in the culture of all schools that can be improved or enhanced though the use of available technology, especially social media. The challenge for school leaders is why, how, and where to begin. This book addresses all of these areas from a practitioner's point of view and experiences.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Eric Sheninger ; foreword by Yong Zhao.