Harmonic and spectral analysis
- Székelyhidi, László, author.
- New Jersey : World Scientific, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xvi, 230 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
QA403 .S944 2014
- Unknown QA403 .S944 2014
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 215-220) and index.
- Duality of Finite Abelian Groups-- Harmonic Analysis on Finite Abelian Groups-- Invariant Means on Abelian Groups-- Duality of Discrete and Compact Abelian Groups-- Duality of Elementary Abelian Groups-- Harmonic Analysis on Compact Abelian Groups-- Duality of Locally Compact Abelian Groups-- Harmonic Analysis on Locally Compact Abelian Groups-- Haar Integral on Locally Compact Abelian Groups-- Spectral Analysis on Abelian Groups-- Spectral Synthesis on Abelian Groups-- Spectral Analysis and Synthesis on Varieties-- Noncommutative Spectral Synthesis.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This book provides a modern introduction to harmonic analysis and synthesis on topological groups. It serves as a guide to the abstract theory of Fourier transformation. For the first time, it presents a detailed account of the theory of classical harmonic analysis together with the recent developments in spectral analysis and synthesis. Selected problems and exercises will provide readers with a better understanding of the topics and some open problems may inspire further research.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- László Székelyhidi (University of Debrecen, Hungary).