In-situ characterization of heterogeneous catalysts [electronic resource]
- Hoboken, N.J. : Wiley, 2013.
- Physical description
- ix, 478 p. : ill. (some col.).
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- CONTRIBUTORS vii Introduction: Goals and Challenges for the In-situ Characterization of Heterogeneous Catalysts 1 Jose A. Rodriguez, Jonathan C. Hanson, and Peter J. Chupas 1 QEXAFS in Catalysis Research: Principles, Data Analysis, and Applications 23 Anatoly I. Frenkel, Syed Khalid, Jonathan C. Hanson, and Maarten Nachtegaal 2 Spatially Resolved X-ray Absorption Spectroscopy 49 Christian G. Schroer and Jan-Dierk Grunwaldt 3 Energy-Dispersive EXAFS: Principles and Application in Heterogeneous Catalysis 75 Mark A. Newton and Andrew J. Dent 4 In-situ Powder X-ray Diffraction in Heterogeneous Catalysis 121 Jonathan Hanson and Poul Norby 5 Pair Distribution Function Analysis of High-Energy X-ray Scattering Data 147 Karena W. Chapman and Peter J. Chupas 6 Neutron Scattering for In-situ Characterization of Heterogeneous Catalysis 169 Ashfi a Huq and Wei-Ren Chen 7 Visualization of Surface Structures of Heterogeneous Catalysts under Reaction Conditions or during Catalysis with High-Pressure Scanning Tunneling Microscopy 191 Luan Nguyen, Shiran Zhang, Yingchun Ye, Yuan Zhu, Lei Wang, and Franklin (Feng) Tao 8 In-situ Infrared Spectroscopy on Model Catalysts 209 Kumudu Mudiyanselage and Dario J. Stacchiola 9 Infrared Spectroscopy on Powder Catalysts 241 Eli Stavitski 10 Structural Characterization of Catalysts by Operando Raman Spectroscopy 267 Gerhard Mestl and Miguel A. Banares 11 In-situ Electron Paramagnetic Resonance of Powder Catalysts 293 Angelika Bruckner 12 Application of Ambient-Pressure X-ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy for the In-situ Investigation of Heterogeneous Catalytic Reactions 315 David E. Starr, Hendrik Bluhm, Zhi Liu, Axel Knop-Gericke, and Michael Havecker 13 Combined X-ray Diffraction and Absorption Spectroscopy in Catalysis Research: Techniques and Applications 345 Anatoly I. Frenkel and Jonathan C. Hanson 14 Combining Infrared Spectroscopy with X-ray Techniques for Interrogating Heterogeneous Catalysts 369 Mark A. Newton and Marcos Fernandez-Garcia 15 XRD--Raman and Modulation Excitation Spectroscopy 411 Wouter van Beek, Atsushi Urakawa, and Marco Milanesio 16 Catalyst Imaging Using Synchrotron-Based Multitechnique Approaches 441 Andrew M. Beale, Javier Ruiz-Martinez, and Bert M. Weckhuysen INDEX 475.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This book describes innovative techniques to study catalysts and reaction mechanisms, helping chemists improve the performance of their reactions and the efficiency (through reduced materials and waste) of catalyst preparation. It explains both the scope and limitations of specific techniques, including the characterization of the electronic and structural properties of catalysts using XAFS (X-ray Absorption Fine Structure Spectroscopy); techniques for structural characterization based on X-ray diffraction and scattering; for microscopy and morphological studies; for studying the interaction of adsorbates with catalyst surfaces (Raman spectroscopy, NMR, moderate pressure XPS); and mixed techniques.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Heterogeneous catalysis.
- Publication date
- edited by José A. Rodríguez, Jonathan C. Hanson, Peter J. Chupas.
- Electronic reproduction. Palo Alto, Calif. : ebrary, 2013. Available via World Wide Web. Access may be limited to ebrary affiliated libraries.