Resilient classrooms : creating healthy environnments for learning
- Doll, Beth, 1952- author.
- Second edition.
- New York : The Guilford Press, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xii, 179 pages : illustrations ; 27 cm.
- Guilford practical intervention in the schools series.
LC4091 .D65 2014
- Unknown LC4091 .D65 2014
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 161-173) and index.
- Introduction to the resilient classroom
- What are resilient classrooms?
- Relationship characteristics of resilient classrooms
- Autonomy-promoting characteristics of resilient classrooms
- Assessing the resilience of classrooms
- Convening the systems for change
- Including the classroom's students in planning and decision making
- Developing and implementing effective strategies
- Evaluating the impact of resilient classrooms for external audiences
- Integrating the resilient classroom with existing school mental health services
- Appendix A. ClassMaps survey
- Appendix B. Worksheets.
- Publisher's Summary
- This indispensable practitioner resource presents classroom-based strategies for supporting all students' success and psychological wellness in grades K-9. The authors clearly explain what makes a classroom a healthy place to learn. They describe effective procedures for recognizing when a classroom is lacking essential supports, intervening to put missing supports into place, and evaluating the effects on learning and development. Rich case studies show how the strategies have been used by actual educators. Reproducible worksheets and planning tools are included; the large-size format and lay-flat binding facilitate photocopying. Purchasers also get access to a Web page where they can download and print the reproducible materials. New to This Edition Incorporates a substantial new research base. Expanded K-9 grade range. Discussions of timely topics: English language learners, cultural diversity, response to intervention, and positive behavior supports. Most case studies are new. Seven additional reproducibles (intervention strategy sheets). This book is in The Guilford Practical Intervention in the Schools Series.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Beth Doll, Katherine Brehm, Steven Zucker.
- The Guilford practical intervention in the schools series