Reading intervention in the primary grades : a common-sense guide to RTI
- Mesmer, Heidi Anne E.
- New York, NY : The Guilford Press, 2014.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xviii, 222 pages ; 26 cm.
LC4705 .M48 2014
- Unknown LC4705 .M48 2014
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 214-218) and index.
- 1. Response to Intervention: Basic Concepts and Definitions 2. Putting the RTI Steps into Action 3. The Primary Grades Intervention Lesson Plan 4. Interventions for Letter Instruction 5. Interventions for Decoding and Phonemic Segmentation 6. Interventions for Fluency 7. What to Do When Interventions Don't Work: Problem Solving.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Accessible and teacher friendly, this book provides a blueprint for planning, delivering, and evaluating small-group interventions for struggling readers in PreK-2. It describes how to set up an efficient response-to-intervention (RTI) system that enhances any reading program already in place in a classroom, and that is fully compatible with the Common Core State Standards. Presented are dozens of easy-to-implement Tier 2 intervention activities in the areas of letter learning, decoding, and fluency, complete with reproducible goal-setting sheets and fidelity checklists. Purchasers get access to a Web page where they can download and print the reproducible materials in a convenient 8 1/2" x 11" size.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Heidi Anne E. Mesmer, Eric Mesmer, Jennifer Jones.
- The Essential Library of PreK-2 Literacy