Education in North America
- London ; New York, NY : Bloomsbury Academic, 2014.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xi, 323 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Education around the world.
LA191 .E38 2014
- Unknown LA191 .E38 2014
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Series Editor's Preface, Colin Brock Introduction and Regional Overview, D. E. Mulcahy (Wake Forest University, USA), D. G. Mulcahy, (Central Connecticut State University, USA) and Roger Saul (Brock University, Canada) Part I: Canada 1. Educational History: Themes, Movements and Moments, Theodore Christou and Sean Cousins (Queen's University, Canada) 2. Transforming Indigenous Education in Canada: A Turning Tide, Fiona Walton 3. Difference, Educational Equality and Social Justice in Canada: Critical Analyses, Ali A. Abdi 4. Canadian Teacher Training Reconsidered: Community-Based Education as a Response to Changing Times, Roger Saul and Naomi Nichols 5. Moving Towards a More Independent and Collaborative (Online) School Culture, Maryam Moayeri Part II: The United States 6. Contemporary Schooling in the United States: An Overview, Kelly Ann Kolodny (Framingham State University, USA) 7. Turning Points: Critical Periods in Educating in the United States, John Rury (University of Kansas, USA) 8. Demographic Change and the Suburban School Policy Challenges Ronnie Casella (Central Connecticut State University, USA) 9. Education for Social Justice in the United States: The Peculiar Case of Mathematics Education, Kurt R. Stemhagen (Virginia Commonwealth University, USA) 10. The Internet in Education: Development and Challenges, Leonard J. Waks (Temple University, USA) 11. World Language Education: Connecting with the Rest of the World, Audrey L. Heining-Boynton (University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA) and Mary Lynn Redmond (Wake Forest University , USA) 12. International Outreach in Education in the United States, Anthony C. Ogden (University of Kentucky, USA) and Sharon Brennan University of Kentucky, USA) 13. Fifty Years of American Higher Education, , 1963-2013: A Faculty Member's Point of View, Wayne J. Urban (University of Alabama, USA) 14. Presidents and Policies in American Education, 1981-2013, D. E. Mulcahy (Wake Forest University, USA) and D. G. Mulcahy (Central Connecticut State University, USA) Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Education in North America is a concise and thorough reference guide to the main themes in American and Canadian education from their historical roots to the present time. The book brings a global awareness to the discussion of local issues in North American education and sheds light on the similar and different ways that Canada and the United States have moved in light of political and social changes. Scholarly contributions made by active researchers from the region provide an overview of each country's education system, the way in which it arose, and its current state of affairs.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- edited by D.E. Mulcahy, D.G. Mulcahy and Roger Saul.
- Education around the world