Passing the state science proficiency tests : essential content for elementary and middle school teachers
- Lanham, Maryland : University Press of America, Inc., 
- Physical description
- xv, 339 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
Q183.3 .A1 P377 2014
- Unknown Q183.3 .A1 P377 2014
- Wilson, Craig A.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Acknowledgements Introduction Part I. Scientific Methodology, Techniques, and History 1. Methodology and Philosophy 2. Mathematics, Measurement, and Data Manipulation 3. Laboratory Procedures and Safety-Part I 4. Laboratory Procedures and Safety-Part II Part II. Basic Principles 5. Matter and Energy 6. Heat and Thermodynamics 7. Atomic and Nuclear Structure Part III. Physical Sciences (Physics) 8. Mechanics 9. Electricity and Magnetism 10. Wave Phenomenon Part IV. Physical Sciences (Chemistry) 11. Periodicity 12. The Mole and Chemical Bonding 13. States of Matter 14. Chemical Reactions 15. Solutions and Solubility Part V. Life Sciences 16. The Cell 17. DNA Structure 18. Diversity of Life 19. Plants 20. Animals-Part I 21. Animals-Part II 22. Ecology Part VI. Earth Sciences 23. Physical Geology 24. Historical Geology 25. Oceanography 26. Meteorology 27. Astronomy Part VII. Science, Technology, and Society 28. The Uses and Applications of Science and Technology in Daily Life 29. The Social, Political, Ethical and Economic Issues Arising from the Use of Certain Technologies About the Authors.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Passing the State Science Proficiency Tests presents essential content for elementary and middle school teachers who want to improve their science content background, enhance their classroom instruction, or pass the state science proficiency tests. This book addresses different aspects of the physical, life, and earth sciences. Each chapter was written by a science education expert and includes review questions with an accompanying answer key. This book will enhance the effectiveness and competency of any pre-service or in-service elementary or middle school teacher.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Craig A. Wilson.