Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) protocols
QH506 .M45 V.1085
- Unknown QH506 .M45 V.1085
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1. Clinical, Epidemiologic, and Laboratory Aspects of Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus Infections Elizabeth Palavecino 2. Community-Associated Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus aureus Case Studies Madeleine G. Sowash and Anne-Catrin Uhlemann 3. Rapid Methods for Detection of MRSA in Clinical Specimens Elizabeth Palavecino 4. Immunofluorescence Microscopy for the Detection of Surface Antigens in Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) Yekaterina Timofeyeva, Ingrid L. Scully, and Annaliesa S. Anderson 5. Internal Transcribed Spacer (ITS)-PCR Identification of MRSA Shin-ichi Fujita 6. Pulsed-Field Gel Electrophoresis Typing of Staphylococcus aureus Isolates Yiping He, Yanping Xie, and Sue Reed 7. Multilocus Sequence Typing (MLST) of Staphylococcus aureus Nicholas A. Saunders and Anne Holmes 8. Staphylococcal Cassette Chromosome mec (SCCmec) Analysis of MRSA Teruyo Ito, Kyoko Kuwahara, Yuki Katayama, Yuki Uehara, Xiao Han, Yoko Kondo, and Keiichi Hiramatsu 9. Genetic Interruption of Target Genes for Investigation of Virulence Factors Adhar C. Manna 10. Molecular Analysis of Staphylococcal Superantigens Wilmara Salgado-Pabon, Laura C. Case-Cook, and Patrick M. Schlievert 11. Investigation of Staphylococcus aureus Adhesion and Invasion of Host Cells Junshu Yang and Yinduo Ji 12. Investigation of Biofilm Formation in Clinical Isolates of Staphylococcus aureus James E. Cassat, Mark S. Smeltzer, and Chia Y. Lee 13. Transcriptomic Analysis of Staphylococcus aureus Using Microarray and Advanced Next-Generation RNA-seq Technologies Ting Lei, Aaron Becker, and Yinduo Ji 14. Proteomic Approach to Investigate Pathogenicity and Metabolism of Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus Patrice Francois, Alexander Scherl, Denis Hochstrasser, and Jacques Schrenzel 15. Metobolomic Investigation of Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus aureus Ting Lei, Lei Wang, Chi Chen, and Yinduo Ji 16. Treatment of Infections Due to Resistant Staphylococcus aureus Gregory M. Anstead, Jose Cadena, and Heta Javeri 17. Anti-Infective Drug Development for MRSA Anu Daniel 18. Animal Models in Drug Development for MRSA Andrea Marra.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Presenting the most up-to-date techniques for the detection, genotyping, and investigation of methicillin-resistant S. aureus (MRSA), this second edition of Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) Protocols collects chapters that utilize the power of complete genomic sequences and advanced high-throughput technologies that have pushed this field to its present state. These enable the development of specific and rapid diagnosis methods, the investigation and elucidation of mechanisms of bacterial evolution to antibiotic resistance and pathogenicity, and the identification of novel targets to develop more potent therapeutic and/or preventive agents. Written for the Methods in Molecular Biology series, numerous chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Authoritative and fully updated, Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) Protocols, Second Edition serves as a key reference for researchers attempting to set up a new method to study MRSA or even for technicians and scientists working on other pathogens.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- edited by Yinduo Ji.
- Methods in molecular biology, 1064-3745 ; 1085
- Springer protocols, 1949-2448
- Previous edition: 2007.