Engaging the diaspora : migration and African families
- Lanham, Maryland : Lexington Books, 
- Physical description
- xiv, 192 pages ; 24 cm.
- Africana experience and critical leadership studies.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- The African immigrant family in the diaspora : intersecting forces. Introduction : (re)configuring African migration since the last years : issues, concepts, and contexts / Pauline Ada Uwakweh
- Negotiating marriage and motherhood : a critical perspective on the immigration narratives of Buchi Emecheta and Chimamanda Adichie / Pauline Ada Uwakweh
- Who is the parent and who is the kid? : the changing face of parenting for African parents in the diaspora / Ifeyinwa Mbakogu
- Migrant African children remembering war : memoirs and stereotypes / Joya Uraizee
- The Algerian diaspora in the United States : dynamics of language : "hdar bil-arbiya! ma' tqulsh pen! qu'l stylo!!" (speak in Arabic! don't say pen! say stylo!!) / Khadidja Arfi
- Physical activity and recreation lifestyle in transition : a study of African immigrant and refugee youth / Jerono P. Rotich. Adapting the diaspora : perspectives on African immigrant employment and spirituality. A phenomenological study of African-born professors in higher education : a focus on historically black colleges and universities / Comfort O. Okpala and Amon O. Okpala
- "Diamonds on the soles of their shoes" : experiences of African-born educators in U.S. predominantly-white colleges / Shirley Mthethwa-Sommers
- The golden ticket : adjustment of African diversity visa lottery winners in America / Michael Kremer
- The role of cultural associations : national and ethnic in Africa and diaspora / Iheanyi N. Osondu
- Fusing faith and place : an examination of localized civic engagement in African immigrant churches / Amy Duffuor.
- Publication date
- edited by Pauline Ada Uwakweh, Jerono P. Rotich, and Comfort O. Okpala.
- The Africana experience and critical leadership studies