The recording engineer's handbook, third edition [electronic resource]
- Owsinski, Bobby.
- 3rd ed.
- Boston, Mass. : Cengage Learning PTR, c2014 (Norwood, Mass. : Books24x7.com [generator])
- Physical description
- p. ; cm.
- Books24x7, Inc.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- PART I - RECORDING. Introduction. 1. How Microphones Work. 2. Common Microphones. 3. Basic Recording Equipment. 4. Digital Audio Workstation Recording Overview. 5. Basic Stereo Miking Techniques. 6. Basic Recording Techniques. 7. Preparing The Drum Kit For Recording. 8. Recording The Drum Kit. 9. Individual Instrument Miking Techniques. 10. Recording Basic Tracks. 11. Recording Overdubs. 12. Surround Recording Techniques. PART II - THE INTERVIEWS. Chuck Ainlay. Steve Albini. Michael Beinhorn. Michael Bishop. Bruce Botnick. Ed Cherney. Wyn Davis. Frank Filipetti. Jerry Hey. Eddie Kramer. Mark Linett. Mack. Al Schmitt. Addendum 1: Final Recording Checklists. Glossary. Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This completely updated edition of a music-industry classic, The Recording Engineer's Handbook, Third Edition, is the most comprehensive book available on the subject of audio recording. This new edition has been created with special emphasis on the latest in technology and the evolving marketplace, including a new, complete overview of recording as it's done by most musicians and enthusiasts today - in the home studio. In the book's first section, Recording, you'll learn everything from how microphones work to specific techniques for recording drums, individual instruments, vocals, and much more. In the second section, The Interviews, you'll benefit from the wisdom and down-to-earth practical advice offered by a host of recording professionals, including greats like Chuck Ainlay, Steve Albini, and many others. These interviews with engineers working in various musical genres will introduce you to the thoughts and creative processes behind not only today's hits but the classic cuts we've enjoyed for years. Pick up your copy of The Recording Engineer's Handbook, Third Edition and see why this book has become a standard text on audio recording in college courses all over the world.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Bobby Owsinski.
- File Characteristics
- Computer document.
- Title from title screen.
- File/Data Type
- Available also in a print ed.
- Mode of access: Internet via World Wide Web.
- Digitized and made available by: Books24x7.com.