Communication and popularization of science and technology in China
- Ren, Fujun, author.
- Berlin, Heidelberg : Springer, 2014.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (xix, 361 pages) : illustrations
- Zhai, Jiequan, author.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- History of Science & Technology Communication & Popularization
- Concepts and Perspectives of Science Communication and Popularization
- The Fundamental Structure of Science and Technology Communication and Popularization
- Essential Channels for the Communication and Popularization of Science and Technology
- Contemporary Demands for Science and Technology Communication and Popularization
- Science & Technology Communication and Popularization and Public Scientific Literacy Construction
- The Resources Involved in Science and Technology Communication and Popularization
- Supporting Conditions of Science Communication and Popularization
- The Organization and Evaluation of STCP Activities
- New Developments and Important Issues for Science and Technology Communication and Popularization.
- This book aims to be a reference for researchers studying the promotion of scientific literacy in China, as well as a guide for those interested in promoting scientific awareness. It covers advances in science and technology, communication and popularization practice, and research (STCP) both in China and abroad. Theoretical issues are discussed, and important problems?in promoting scientific and technological awareness are identified (e.g.: basic principles, structures, channels of communication and current needs) This bookprovides a summary of the advances in STCP in China in recent years (especially after the issuing of the ?National Scientific Literacy Outline?) including STCP resource and capacity building, science popularization policies, practitioner development, infrastructure construction, and the development of the science popularization industry as a whole. At the same time, this book also reviews thedesign, organization, monitoring and evaluation of science and technology communication and popularization programs. It also highlights current STCP trends and developments in China and calls for a greater emphasis to be placed on research into promoting scientific literacy. It is hoped that this book will be useful to readers both in China and abroad by familiarizing them with the history and theory of STCP as well as its development over time.
- Publication date
- Fujun Ren, Jiequan Zhai.