Globalization, change and learning in South Asia
- Oxford : Chandos Publishing, 2013.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xxxiii, 202 pages : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Chandos Asian studies series.
LC67 .S66 G55 2013
- Unknown LC67 .S66 G55 2013
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 167-196) and index.
- The changing context of South Asian economies / Shaista E. Khilji
- Gendered contexts and globalization in South Asia / Peter A. Murray
- A catalyst for globalization and knowledge flows : the South Asian diaspora / Masud Chand
- Anatomy of corruption in South Asia / Naresh Khatri, Shaista E. Khilji, and Bahauddin Mujtaba
- Management and culture in South Asia / Shaista E. Khilji and Pramila Rao
- Globalization and corporate social responsibility : perspectives from South Asia / Monowar Mahmood and Shaista E. Khilji
- Frugal innovation / Yasser Bhatti, Shaista E. Khilji, and Radha Basu
- Conclusions : South Asia at the crossroads--implications for learning and change / Shaista E. Khilji.
- "Globalization, change and learning in South Asia is an edited collection focusing on analysis and review of contemporary business practices in South Asia. This title shows the importance of South Asia to business and management research, and the practice of business, highlighting the role of extensive learning in addressing the slew of challenges presented by globalization. An introduction by the editors highlights socio-economic aspects of South Asia to establish its relevance in the global economy. Six chapters then cover: gender issues, diaspora as catalysts of knowledge flows, anatomy of corruption, evolving nature of management and culture; corporate social responsibility perspectives, and the growth of frugal innovation practice in South Asia."-- Provided by publisher.
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- edited by Shaista E. Khilji and Chris Rowley.
- Chandos Asian studies series