Adolescent literacy in the era of the Common Core : from research into practice
- Cambridge, Massachusetts : Harvard Education Press, 
- Physical description
- 291 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
LB1632 .A269 2013
- Unknown LB1632 .A269 2013
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1. Bridging content and literacy knowledge and instruction: a framework for supporting secondary teachers and students / Jacy Ippolito and Joshua Fahey Lawrence
- 2. Research in disciplinary literacy: challenges and instructional opportunities in teaching disciplinary texts / Emily Phillips Galloway, Joshua Fahey Lawrence, and Elizabeth Birr Moje
- 3. Disciplinary literacy in practice: the disciplinary literacy network as a vehicle for strengthening instruction across content areas / Lisa Messina
- 4. Research in vocabulary: word power for content-area learning / Joshua Fahey Lawrence, Bridget Maher, and Catherine E. Snow
- 5. Vocabulary in practice: creating word-curious classrooms / Christina L. Dobbs
- 6. Research in discussion: effective support for literacy, content, and academic achievement / Catherine J. Michener and Evelyn Ford-Connors
- 7. Discussion in practice: sharing our learning curve / Abigail Erdmann and Margaret Metzger
- 8. Research in digital literacy: tools to support learning across the disciplines / Joshua Fahey Lawrence, Mark Warschauer, Binbin Zheng, and Diana Mullins
- 9. Digital literacy in practice: achieving a cosmopolitan orientation / Ann Mechem Ziergiebel
- 10. Research in multiple texts and text support / Cynthia Shanahan
- 11. Multiple texts in practice: fostering accessibility, engagement, and comprehension / Joanna Lieberman and Janet Looney
- 12. Research in writing: the rightful place of writing-to-learn in content teaching / Vicki A. Jacobs
- 13. Writing in practice: strategies for use across the disciplines / Carol Booth Olson and Catherine D'Aoust
- 14. Professional learning as the key to linking content and literacy instruction / Jacy Ippolito
- 15. Meeting the challenge of the Common Core State Standards / Jacy Ippolito and Colleen Zaller.
- "Provides school leaders, teachers, and others with strategies and best practices for advancing adolescent literacy in the classroom"--Back cover.
- Publication date
- edited by Jacy Ippolito, Joshua Fahey Lawrence, and Colleen Zaller.