Experience and meaning in music performance
- New York : Oxford University Press, 2014.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource : illustrations (black and white)
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- This text explores how the immediate experience of musical sound relates to processes of meaning construction and discursive mediation. A unique multi-authored work that both draws on and contributes to current debates in ethnomusicology, musicology, psychology, and cognitive science, it presents a novel and productive view of how cultural practice relates to the experience and meaning of musical performance.
- Publication date
- Martin Clayton, Byron Dueck, and Laura Leante.
- Available in another form
- Print version 9780199811328