The life sciences in early modern philosophy
- New York : Oxford University Press, 2014.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- This collection advances a recent historiographical turn towards the intersection of early modern philosophy and the life sciences by bringing together many of its leading scholars to present the contributions of important but often neglected figures, such as Ralph Cudworth, Nehemiah Grew, Francis Glisson, Hieronymus Fabricius ab Aquapendente, Georg Ernst Stahl, Juan Gallego de la Serna, Nicholas Hartsoeker, Henry More, as well as more familiar figures such as Descartes, Spinoza, Leibniz, and Malebranche.
- Publication date
- Ohad Nachtomy and Justin E.H. Smith.
- Available in another form
- Print version 9780199987313