Experiencing Dewey : insights for today's classroom
- Second edition.
- New York : Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group, 2014.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xvi, 224 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
LB875 .D5 E96 2014
- Unknown LB875 .D5 E96 2014
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Accountability. Accountability: to whom, for whom, and by whom? / Rick Breault.
- Active Learning. Active learning: a growth experience / Rick Breault.
- Critical Thinking. The"'varied and unusual" abuses of critical thinking / Donna Adair Breaulty.
- Democratic Citizenship. Preparing children for democratic citizenship / Rick Breault.
- The Educative Experience. An educative experience? : a lesson in humility for a second-grade teacher / Donna Adair Breault.
- Inquiry and Education. Inquiry and education: a way of seeing the world / Donna Adair Breault.
- This work offers an introduction to one of the most seminal figures in the field of education. In this collection of essays, contemporary authors consider their favorite quotations from John Dewey's works and share how Dewey has impacted their teaching practices. Responses are organized around the themes introduced in the first edition: active learning, the educative experience, critical thinking, inquiry and education, and democratic citizenship, plus a new section on accountability added for the second edition. Quotes and responses are kept deliberately brief as an effective way of inviting readers to reflect on and experience Dewey. This book is a resource for current and aspiring teachers. This thoroughly updated edition also includes online resources for teacher educators.
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- edited by Donna Adair Breault and Rick Breault.
- "First published 2005 Kappa Delta Pi"--Title page verso.