Critical perspectives on language teaching materials
- New York, NY : Palgrave Macmillan in the US is a division of St Martin's Press LLC, 2013
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- ix, 253 pages ; 23 cm
P53.15 .C75 2013
- Unknown P53.15 .C75 2013
- Gray, John, 1955- editor of compilation.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 224-247) and index.
- Introduction / John Gray
- 2. Telling Tales: Changing Discourses of Identity in the Global UK-published English Language Coursebook / John Kullman
- 3 LGBT invisibility and heteronormativity in ELT materials / John Gray
- 4. The neoliberal citizen: Resemiotizing globalized identities in EAP materials / Christian W. Chun
- 5. This activity is far from being a pause for reflection: An exploration of ELT authors, editors, teachers and learners approaches to critical thinking / Denise Santos
- 6. Critically evaluating materials for CLIL: Practitioners¿ practices and perspectives / Tom Morton
- 7. Communicating constructions of Frenchness through language coursebooks: a comparison / Simon Coffey
- 8. Spanish Imagined: political and subjective approaches to language textbooks / Cristina RosiSolé --9. Motivation, authenticity and challenge in German textbooks for Key Stage 3 / Nick Andon and Ursula Wingate
- 10. Resisting Coursebooks / Scott Thornbury.
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Edited by John Gray, Institute of Education, University of London, UK.