Doing the scholarship of teaching and learning : measuring systematic changes to teaching and improvements in learning
- San Francisco, Calif. : Jossey-Bass ; Hoboken, N.J. : Wiley, 2013.
- Physical description
- 117 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- New directions for teaching and learning ; no. 136.
LB2822.75 .D65 2013
- Unknown LB2822.75 .D65 2013
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Advancing scholarly research on teaching and learning / Regan A.R. Guring, Janie H. Wilson
- Using assessment and SoTL to enhance student learning / K. Laurie Dickson, Melinda M. Treml
- Designing SoTL studies, part 1: validity / Robert A. Bartsch
- Designing SoTL studies, part 2: practicality / Robert A. Bartsch
- Statistical models for analyzing learning data / Georjeanna Wilson-Doenges
- Navigating the IRB: the ethics of SoTL / Ryan C. Martin
- Tell a good story well: writing tips / Randolph A. Smith
- Navigating the minefields of publishing / Andrew N. Christopher
- Faculty development centers and the role of SoTL / Beth M. Schwartz, Aeron Haynie.
- The Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) should be an integral part of every academics life, representing not only the pinnacle of effortful teaching, but also standing side by side with more conventional disciplinary scholarship. Although practiced by many instructors for years, SoTL has garnered national attention resulting in a spate of new journals to publish pedagogical research. SoTL helps students, fosters faculty development, and has been integrated into higher education. This volume provides readers with challenges that will motivate them to engage in SoTL and take their ppedagogical research further. Included are many key features aimed to help both the teacher new to research and SoTL, and also researchers who may have a long list of scholarly publications in non-pedagogical areas and who have not conducted research. -- From back cover.
- Publication date
- Regan A.R. Gurung, Janie H. Wilson, editors.
- New directions for teaching and learning, 1536-0768 ; no. 136
- "Winter 2013."