The globalization of musics in transit : music migration and tourism
- New York : Routledge, 2014.
- Physical description
- x, 338 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Routledge studies in ethnomusicology ; 4.
ML3916 .G56 2014
- Unknown ML3916 .G56 2014
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Heritage rocks! : mapping spaces of popular music tourism / Sara Cohen and Les Roberts
- Negotiating musical boundaries and frontiers : tourism, child performers, and the tourist-ethnographer in Bali, Indonesia / Jonathan Mcintosh
- The staged desert : tourist and nomad encounters at the Festival au Désert / Marta Amico
- The golden fleece : music and cruise ship tourism / David Cashman and Philip Hayward
- Mobilizing music festivals for rural transformation : opportunities and ambiguities / John Connell and Chris Gibson
- Branding the city : music tourism and the European capital of culture event / Simone Krüger
- Goatrance travellers : psychedelic trance and its seasoned progeny / Graham St. John
- Global Balkan gypsy music : issues of migration, appropriation, and representation / Carol Silverman
- From the shtetl to the gardens and beyond : identity and symbolic geography in Cape Town's synagogue choirs / Stephen Muir
- Reimagining the Caucasus : music and community in the Azerbaijani Âşık tradition / Anna Oldfield
- From burger highlife to gospel highlife : music, migration, and the Ghanaian diaspora / Florian Carl
- Transnational samba and the construction of diasporic musicscapes / Natasha Pravaz
- Music in cyberspace : transitions, translations, and adaptations on Romanian diasporic websites / Ruxandra Trandafoiu.
- Publication date
- edited by Simone Krüger and Ruxandra Trandafoiu.
- Routledge studies in ethnomusicology ; 4