1. Classification of fires and fire hazard properties
2. Hazardous area classification
3. Layout and spacing
4. Fire alarm systems and automatic detectors
5. Firefighting sprinkler systems
6. Carbon dioxide gas fire extinguishing systems
7. Dry chemical fire extinguishing systems
8. Foam generating and proportioning systems
9. Fire-fighting and fire protection facilities.
"This book discusses fire hazards, occupancy hazards, extinguishing methods, and hazard identification and classification of materials. It provides simple, readily recognizable and easily understood markings for materials which will give at a glance, a general idea of the inherent hazards of any material, and the order of severity of these hazards as they relate to fire prevention, exposure, and control. Its objectives are to provide an appropriate alerting signal and on the spot information to safeguard the lives of both the public and emergency personnel. "-- Provided by publisher.