Ammonia synthesis catalysts : innovation and practice
- Liu, Huazhang.
- Singapore : World Scientific ; Beijing : Chemical Industry Press, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xxii, 872 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
TP223 .L58 2013
- Unknown TP223 .L58 2013
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Development of Ammonia Synthesis Catalysts-- Catalytic Reaction Mechanism For Ammonia Synthesis-- Chemical Composition and Structure of Fused Iron Catalysts-- Preparation of Iron Catalysts-- Reduction of Fused Iron Catalyst-- Ruthenium Catalysts-- Performance Evaluation and Characterization of Catalysts-- Performance and Application of Catalysts-- Effect of Catalysts Performance On Economic Benefit of Catalytic Process-- Outlook and Innovation.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This book provides a review of worldwide developments in ammonia synthesis catalysts over the last 30 years. It focuses on the new generation of Fe1-xO based catalysts and ruthenium catalysts - both are major breakthroughs for fused iron catalysts. The basic theory for ammonia synthesis is systematically explained, covering topics such as the chemical components, crystal structure, preparation, reduction, performance evaluation, characterization of the catalysts, the mechanism and kinetics of ammonia synthesis reaction. Both theory and practice are combined in this presentation, with emphasis on the research methods, application and exploitation of catalysts. The comprehensive volume includes an assessment of the economic and engineering aspects of ammonia plants based on the performance of catalysts. Recent developments in photo-catalysis, electro-catalysis, biocatalysis and new uses of ammonia are also introduced in this book.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Huazhang Liu, Zhejiang University of Technology, China.