Scientific style and format : the CSE manual for authors, editors, and publishers
- Eighth edition.
- Chicago : The University of Chicago Press : Council of Science Editors, 2014.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xv, 722 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
T11 .S386 2014
- In-library use T11 .S386 2014
- Council of Science Editors. Style Manual Subcommittee, author.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 699-707) and indexes.
- Publishing fundamentals
- Elements of a scientific publication
- Publication policies and practices
- The basics of copyright
- General style conventions
- Alphabets, symbols, and signs
- Punctuation and related marks
- Spelling, word formation and division, plurals, and possessives
- Prose style and word choice
- Names and personal designations
- Type styles, excerpts, quotations, and ellipses
- Numbers, units, mathematical expressions, and statistics
- Time, dates, and age measurements
- Geographic designations
- Special scientific conventions
- The electromagnetic spectrum
- Subatomic particles, chemical elements, and related notations
- Chemical formulas and names
- Chemical kinetics and thermodynamics
- Analytical chemistry
- Drugs and pharmacokinetics
- Genes, chromosomes, and related molecules
- Taxonomy and nomenclature
- Structure and function
- Disease names
- The earth
- Astronomical objects and time systems
- Technical elements of publications
- Journal style and format
- Published media
- Accessories to text: tables, figures, and indexes
- Typography and manuscript preparation
- Proof correction.
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Style Manual Subcommittee, Council of Science Editors.