Reloading data protection : multidisciplinary insights and contemporary challenges
- Dordrecht [Netherlands] : Springer, 
- Physical description
- xv, 369 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
K3264 .C65 R43 2014
- Unknown K3264 .C65 R43 2014
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Data protection in Brazil : new developments and current challenges / Danil Doneda and Laura Schertel Mendes
- The effectiveness of redress mechanisms : case study, Poland / Dorota Głowacka and Beata Konieczna
- Forgetting, non-forgetting and quasi-forgetting in social networking : Canadian policy and corporate practice / Colin J. Bennett, Christopher Parsons and Adam Molnar
- The EU, the US and right to be forgotten / Paul Bernal
- Stage ahoy! Deconstruction of the "drunken pirate" case in the light of impression management / Paulan Korenhof
- New surveillance, new penology and new resistance : towards the criminalisation of resistance? / Antonella Galetta
- Surveillance and criminal investigation : blurring of thresholds and boundaries in the criminal justice system? / John A. E. Vervaele
- Privatization of information and the data protection reform / Els De Busser
- Quo vadis smart surveillance? How smart technologies combine and challenge democratic oversight / Marc Langheinrich, Rachel Finn, Vlad Coroama and David Wright
- Surveillance of communications data and Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights / Nora Ni Loideain
- Realizing the complexity of data protection / Marion Albers
- Forgetting about consent : why the focus should be on "suitable safeguards" in data protection law / Gabriela Zanifir
- "All my mates have got it, so it must be okay" : constructing a richer understanding of privacy concerns, an exploratory focus group study / Anthony Morton
- Data mining and its paradoxical relationship to the purpose limitation principle / Liana Colonna
- The cost of using Facebook : assigning value to privacy protection on social network sites against data mining, identity theft, and social conflict / Wouter Martinus Petrus Steijn
- Strong accountability : beyond vague promises / Denis Butin, Marcos Chicote and Daniel Le Métayer.
- Publication date
- Serge Gutwirth, Ronald Leenes, Paul de Hert, editors.
- International conference proceedings.