Includes bibliographical references (pages 287-294) and index.
Machine generated contents note: I. Introduction
1. A Personal Perspective
2. A Brief History of Informal Reading Diagnosis
II. Diagnosing Reading Problems
3. Administering an Informal Reading Diagnosis
4. Interpretation of Reading Scores
5. Beyond the Initial Reading Diagnosis
III. Correcting Reading Problems
6. Preventing Reading Problems in the Early Grades
7. Correcting Reading Problems in the Later Grades:
I. Basic Teaching Strategies
8. Correcting Reading Problems in the Later Grades:
II. Case Studies
IV. Training Reading Teachers
9. Clinical Training for Teachers of Reading.
"This widely adopted text and teacher resource provides a comprehensive approach to assessing and remediating reading difficulties in grades K-6. Darrell Morris presents rich case studies of beginning and older readers struggling with different types of reading problems. He shows how to administer and score a thorough diagnostic battery and provide instruction tailored to each student's needs. In addition to one-to-one tutoring strategies, small-group and whole-class applications are discussed. Reproducible assessment tools, book lists, and other user-friendly materials can be photocopied from the book or downloaded and printed in a convenient 8 1/2" x 11" size"-- Provided by publisher.