Diagnosis and correction of reading problems
- Morris, Darrell author.
- Second edition.
- New York : The Guilford Press, 
- Physical description
- xii, 305 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
LB1050.5 .M668 2014
- Unknown LB1050.5 .M668 2014
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 287-294) and index.
- Part I: Introduction. A Personal Perspective. A Brief History of Informal Reading Diagnosis. Part II: Diagnosing Reading Problems. Administering an Informal Reading Diagnosis. Interpretation of Reading Scores. Beyond the Initial Reading Diagnosis. Part III: Correcting Reading Problems. Preventing Reading Problems in the Early Grades. Correcting Reading Problems in the Later Grades: Basic Teaching Strategies. Correcting Reading Problems in the Later Grades: II. Case Studies. Part IV: Training Reading Teachers. Clinical Training for Teachers of Reading.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This widely adopted text and teacher resource provides a comprehensive approach to assessing and remediating reading difficulties in grades K-6. Darrell Morris presents rich case studies of beginning and older readers struggling with different types of reading problems. He shows how to administer a thorough diagnostic battery and provide instruction tailored to each student's needs. In addition to one-to-one tutoring strategies, small-group and whole-class applications are discussed. Reproducible tools, book lists, and other user-friendly materials can be photocopied from the book or downloaded and printed in a convenient 8 1/2" x 11" size. New to This Edition*Detailed explanations of how to adapt the techniques for classroom use.*The latest research findings pertaining to reading diagnosis.*Updated and expanded book lists.*Chapter on historical and theoretical foundations. See also the Morris Informal Reading Inventory: Preprimer through Grade 8, a complementary assessment tool that yields systematic data on K-8 students' reading abilities.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Darrell Morris.