Diagnosis and correction of reading problems
- Morris, Darrell, author.
- Second edition.
- New York : The Guilford Press, 
- Physical description
- xii, 305 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
LB1050.5 .M668 2014
- Unknown LB1050.5 .M668 2014
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 287-294) and index.
- Machine generated contents note: I. Introduction
- 1. A Personal Perspective
- 2. A Brief History of Informal Reading Diagnosis
- II. Diagnosing Reading Problems
- 3. Administering an Informal Reading Diagnosis
- 4. Interpretation of Reading Scores
- 5. Beyond the Initial Reading Diagnosis
- III. Correcting Reading Problems
- 6. Preventing Reading Problems in the Early Grades
- 7. Correcting Reading Problems in the Later Grades:
- I. Basic Teaching Strategies
- 8. Correcting Reading Problems in the Later Grades:
- II. Case Studies
- IV. Training Reading Teachers
- 9. Clinical Training for Teachers of Reading.
- "This widely adopted text and teacher resource provides a comprehensive approach to assessing and remediating reading difficulties in grades K-6. Darrell Morris presents rich case studies of beginning and older readers struggling with different types of reading problems. He shows how to administer and score a thorough diagnostic battery and provide instruction tailored to each student's needs. In addition to one-to-one tutoring strategies, small-group and whole-class applications are discussed. Reproducible assessment tools, book lists, and other user-friendly materials can be photocopied from the book or downloaded and printed in a convenient 8 1/2" x 11" size"-- Provided by publisher.
- Publication date
- Darrell Morris.