Bio-based plastics : materials and applications
- First edition.
- Chichester, West Sussex, United Kingdom : Wiley, 2014.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (xix, 367 pages)
- Wiley series in renewable resources.
- Kabasci, Stephan, editor.
- Includes bibliographical references index.
- Publisher's Summary
- This book serves as an up-to-date, broad, but concise overview of basic and applied aspects of bio-based plastics, focusing primarily on thermoplastic polymers for material use. Chapters focus on specific classes of bio-based plastics such as polysaccharides, polyesters, polyamides, and polyolefines. Each chapter presents principles of the materials structure, sources, (bio-)synthesis, production and processing, chemical and/or biotechnological modification, as well as present and future applications of the material. The result is a reference for a diverse audience including advanced students and industrialists from a variety of backgrounds. Part of the Renewable Resources series, and written by experts in this field, this book is suitable for advanced students as well as professionals in industry and academia.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- editor, Stephan Kabasci.
- Wiley series in renewable resources
- Edition statement from running title area.
- Available in another form
- Print version: Bio-based plastics. Chichester, West Sussex, United Kingdom : John Wiley & Sons Inc., 2014 9781118676646 (DLC) 2013028437 (OCoLC)852958602