Handbook of graph drawing and visualization
- Boca Raton, FL : CRC Press, 
- Physical description
- xiii, 851 pages ; 27 cm.
- CRC Press series on discrete mathematics and its applications.
QA166 .H358 2014
- Unknown QA166 .H358 2014
- Tamassia, Roberto, 1960-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Planarity Testing and Embedding Maurizio Patrignani Crossings and Planarization Christoph Buchheim, Markus Chimani, Carsten Gutwenger, Michael Junger, and Petra Mutzel Symmetric Graph Drawing Peter Eades and Seok-Hee Hong Proximity Drawings Giuseppe Liotta Tree Drawing Algorithms Adrian Rusu Planar Straight-Line Drawing Algorithms Luca Vismara Planar Orthogonal and Polyline Drawing Algorithms Christian A. Duncan and Michael T. Goodrich Spine and Radial Drawings Emilio Di Giacomo, Walter Didimo, and Giuseppe Liotta Circular Drawing Algorithms Janet M. Six and Ioannis G. Tollis Rectangular Drawing Algorithms Takao Nishizeki and Md. Saidur Rahman Simultaneous Embedding of Planar Graphs Thomas Blasius, Stephen G. Kobourov, and Ignaz Rutter Force-Directed Drawing Algorithms Stephen G. Kobourov Hierarchical Drawing Algorithms Patrick Healy and Nikola S. Nikolov Three-Dimensional Drawings Vida Dujmovic and Sue Whitesides Labeling Algorithms Konstantinos G. Kakoulis and Ioannis G. Tollis Graph Markup Language (GraphML) Ulrik Brandes, Markus Eiglsperger, Jurgen Lerner, and Christian Pich The Open Graph Drawing Framework (OGDF) Markus Chimani, Carsten Gutwenger, Michael Junger, Gunnar W. Klau, Karsten Klein, and Petra Mutzel GDToolkit Giuseppe Di Battista and Walter Didimo PIGALE Hubert de Fraysseix and Patrice Ossona de Mendez Biological Networks Christian Bachmaier, Ulrik Brandes, and Falk Schreiber Computer Security Olga Ohrimenko, Charalampos Papamanthou, and Bernardo Palazzi Graph Drawing for Data Analytics Stephen G. Eick Graph Drawing and Cartography Alexander Wolff Graph Drawing in Education Stina Bridgeman Computer Networks Giuseppe Di Battista and Massimo Rimondini Social Networks Ulrik Brandes, Linton C. Freeman, and Dorothea Wagner Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Get an In-Depth Understanding of Graph Drawing Techniques, Algorithms, Software, and Applications The Handbook of Graph Drawing and Visualization provides a broad, up-to-date survey of the field of graph drawing. It covers topological and geometric foundations, algorithms, software systems, and visualization applications in business, education, science, and engineering. Each chapter is self-contained and includes extensive references. The first several chapters of the book deal with fundamental topological and geometric concepts and techniques used in graph drawing, such as planarity testing and embedding, crossings and planarization, symmetric drawings, and proximity drawings. The following chapters present a large collection of algorithms for constructing drawings of graphs, including tree, planar straight-line, planar orthogonal and polyline, spine and radial, circular, rectangular, hierarchical, and three-dimensional drawings as well as labeling algorithms, simultaneous embeddings, and force-directed methods. The book then introduces the GraphML language for representing graphs and their drawings and describes three software systems for constructing drawings of graphs: OGDF, GDToolkit, and PIGALE. The final chapters illustrate the use of graph drawing methods in visualization applications for biological networks, computer security, data analytics, education, computer networks, and social networks. Edited by a pioneer in graph drawing and with contributions from leaders in the graph drawing research community, this handbook shows how graph drawing and visualization can be applied in the physical, life, and social sciences. Whether you are a mathematics researcher, IT practitioner, or software developer, the book will help you understand graph drawing methods and graph visualization systems, use graph drawing techniques in your research, and incorporate graph drawing solutions in your products.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Roberto Tamassia.
- Discrete mathematics and its applications