20. Urban Mathematics Education / Gregory Vincent Larnell
21. Urban Literacy Learning / David E. Kirkland
22. Hip Hop Culture as a Teaching-Learning Tool in Urban Education / Jon A. Yasin
SECTION VII Policy and Reform
23. Race, Research, and Urban Education / Gloria Ladson-Billings
24. Evolving Landscape of School Choice in the United States / Mark Berends
25. School Reform and School Choice / Kevin Lawrence Henry, Jr.
26. Charter Schools and Urban Education Reform / Thandeka K. Chapman
27. High-Stake Reforms and Urban Education / Linda C. Tillman.
"This volume brings together leading scholars in urban education to focus on inner city matters, specifically as they relate to educational research, theory, policy, and practice. Each chapter provides perspectives on the history and evolving nature of urban education, the current education landscape, and helps chart an all-important direction for future work and needs. The Handbook addresses seven areas that capture the breadth and depth of available knowledge in urban education: (1) Psychology, Health and Human Development, (2) Sociological Perspectives, (3) Families and Communities, (4) Teacher Education and Special Education, (5) Leadership, Administration and Leaders, (6) Curriculum & Instruction, and (7) Policy and Reform."-- Provided by publisher.