The United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights : conscience for the world
- Leiden : Martinus Nijhoff Publishers, 2014.
- Physical description
- xxii, 398 pages ; 25 cm.
- Nottingham studies on human rights ; v. 3.
K3241 .U547 2014
- Unknown K3241 .U547 2014
- Gaer, Felice D., editor of compilation.
- Broecker, Christen, editor of compilation.
- Jacob Blaustein Institute for the Advancement of Human Rights.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 389-392) and index.
- Introduction / Felice D. Gaer and Christen L. Broecker
- Rights inflation and role conflict in the office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights / Michael Ignatieff
- The UN High Commissioner for Human Rights : from the personal to the institutional / Harold Hongju Koh
- Address by the High-Commissioner at the Jacob Blaustein Institute for the Advancement of Human Rights / Navi Pillay
- A conversation with the High Commissioner / Felice D. Gaer and Navi Pillay
- Future preventive strategies of the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights / Bertrand G. Ramcharan
- The High Commissioner and the treaty bodies / Michael O'Flaherty
- The High Commissioners' promotion of universality of human rights / Sunila Abeysekera
- The High Commissioners and the special procedures : colleagues and competitors / Felice D. Gaer
- Protection through presence : the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights in the field / Christen L. Broecker
- Enhancing UN human rights work on the ground / William G. O'Neill
- The High Commissioner and national human rights institutions / Tseliso Thipanyane
- The High Commissioner for Human Rights and the UN Human Rights Council / Suzanne Nossel and Christen L. Broecker
- Human rights prosecutors? : the High Commissioner for Human Rights, international justice, and the example of Syria / David Kaye
- The High Commissioner, OHCHR, and China 1998-2005 : challenges and achievements / Stephanie Kleine-Ahlbrandt
- The High Commissioner for Human Rights and North Korea / Roberta Cohen
- The role of the High Commissioner in protecting and promoting human rights in Afghanistan and Sudan / Sima Samar
- The High Commissioner for Human Rights in the Russian Federation / Karinna Moskalenko, Maria Goldman, and Catherine A. Fitzpatrick
- The High Commissioner for Human Rights and Burma (Myanmar) / Jared Genser
- The impact of the High Commissioner for Human Rights protection in Colombia / Victor Rodriguez-Rescia.
- Publication date
- edited by Felice D. Gaer, Christen L. Broecker.
- Nottingham studies on human rights, 2211-7342 ; v. 3
- "This endeavor began with a conference entitled: The UN High Commissioner for Human Rights: -- Conscience for the World, which was convened on February 7-8, 2012."-- Acknowledgments.