Gender, identity and educational leadership
- Fuller, Kay (College teacher)
- London : Bloomsbury, 2013.
- Physical description
- 213 pages ; 24 cm
LB2901 .F87 2013
- Unknown LB2901 .F87 2013
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 193-206) and index.
- Machine generated contents note:
- Acknowledgements List of tables1. Context and Rationale2. Gender and Educational Leadership3. Values-led Leadership 4. What Diversity Means to Headteachers: Gender5. What Diversity Means to Headteachers: Social Class6. What Diversity Means to Headteachers: Ethnicity7. ConclusionReferencesAppendicesIndex.
- "Gender, Identity and Educational Leadership explores how head teachers' social identities - particularly pertaining to gender, social class and ethnicity - influence their leadership of diverse populations of pupils and staff. Informed by new research conducted throughout the first decade of the 21st century and advances in gender theories, the book draws attention to how head teachers' views of their diverse school populations influence school leadership. Connections are made between head teachers' social identities; their personal and professional histories; and their perceptions of diversity amongst the children, young people, staff and the wider communities they serve"-- Provided by publisher.
- Publication date
- Kay Fuller.