Music fundamentals, methods, and materials for the elementary classroom
- Library has: 1 v. + 1 audio CD
MT1 .R85 2014
- Rozmajzl, Michon, author.
- Preface Section I: Teaching the Elements of Music to Children Chapter 1: Music and the Child Chapter 2: Teaching Rhythm to Children Chapter 3: Teaching Melody to Children Chapter 4: Teaching Timbre to Children Chapter 5: Teaching Expressive Elements to Children Chapter 6: Teaching Form to Children Chapter 7: Teaching Texture to Children Chapter 8: Teaching Harmony to Children Section II: Developing Musical Skills Chapter 9: The Singing Voice Chapter 10: Playing Musical Instruments Chapter 11: Listening Activities and Materials Chapter 12: Movement and Children Section III: Organizing Musical Experiences Chapter 13: Lesson Planning Chapter 14: Integrating Music with Other Subjects Audio CD Listing of Recorded Selections 1. A Ram Sam Sam (1:36). 1995 Silver Burdett Ginn. 2. Arirang (1:17) 3. Achshav (Awake! Awake!) (1:27). 1995 Silver Burdett Ginn. 4. Awake! Awake! (Achshav) (1:27). 1995 Silver Burdett Ginn. 5. America, the Beautiful (2:05). 2002 Pearson Education, Inc. 6. Clementine (:36) 7. Sakura (Cherry Bloom) (:45) 8. Dona nobis pacem (Grant Us Peace) (3:04). 2005 Pearson Education, Inc. 9. Down by the Station (:24) 10. El floron (The Flower) (1:16). 2002 Pearson Education, Inc. 11. The Flower (1:17). 2002 Pearson Education, Inc. 12. Follow the Drinking Gourd (:56) 13. Free at Last (2:17). 1995 Silver Burdett Ginn. 14. Hawaiian Rainbows (:38) 15. I Love the Mountains (1:25). 2002 Pearson Education, Inc. 16. Ida Red (:30) 17. Joshua Fought the Battle of Jericho (:52) 18. Juanito (Little Johnny) (2:20). 2002 Pearson Education, Inc. 19. Little Johnny (2:20). 2002 Pearson Education, Inc. 20. Lift Every Voice and Sing (3:43). 1995 Silver Burdett Ginn. 21. Mary Ann (1:48). 2002 Pearson Education, Inc. 22. Mi cuerpo hace musica (There's Music in Me) (1:05). 2002 Pearson Education, Inc. 23. There's Music in Me (1:05). 2002 Pearson Education, Inc. 24. Music Alone Shall Live (2:55) 25. Nighttime (:34) 26. Nobody Knows the Trouble I've Seen (1:26) 27. O Hanukkah (:43) 28. Pat Works on the Railway (:27) 29. Pin Pon (Spanish) (1:16). 2002 Pearson Education, Inc. 30. Pin Pon (English) (1:15). 2002 Pearson Education, Inc. 31. Simple Gifts (:52) 32. Star-Spangled Banner (1:19) 33. This Train, Oh When the Saints, Swing Low (1:52) 34. Yankee Doodle (1:16). 1988 Silver Burdett Ginn. 35. "Little Train of the Caipira" from Bachianas Brasileiras (4:53). Courtesy of Everest Records. 36. "Ballet of the Unhatched Chicks" from Pictures at an Exhibition, Mussorgsky (1:16). Courtesy of SPG Music, Inc. 37. "Habanera" from Carmen, Bizet (1:37). Courtesy of Qualiton Imports, Ltd. 38. "Flight of the Bumblebee" from The Legend of Tsar Sultan, Rimsky-Korsakov (transcribed by J. Heifetz) (1:19). Courtesy of Denon Records/Nippon Columbia Co., Ltd. 39. Trombone excerpt from Stars and Stripes Forever, Sousa (1:12) 40. Bassoon excerpt, "In the Hall of the Mountain King" from Peer Gynt Suite No. 1, Grieg (:57). Courtesy of SPG Music, Inc. 41. Castanets excerpt from Capriccio Espagnol, Rimsky-Korsakov (1:49). Courtesy of SPG Music, Inc. 42. Gregorian Chant, Alleluia (2:00). Courtesy of the Haydn Society. 43. Little Fugue in G Minor, BWV 578, Bach (3:27). Courtesy of Hyperion Records, Ltd. 44. Also Sprach Zarathustra excerpt, Strauss (1:44). Courtesy of SPG Music, Inc. 45. "Ecce gratum" from Carmina Burana, Orff (2:48). Courtesy of Arts Music GmbH. 46. "Frightening" from Scenes of Childhood, Op.15, Schumann (1:44). Courtesy of SPG Music, Inc. This compilation copyright (c) 2012 by Pearson.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Designed for prospective teachers without extensive music backgrounds, Music Fundaments, Methods and Materials for the Elementary Classroom Teacher, 5th Edition, provides both a thorough overview of the basic elements of music and a clear sequence of instructional steps that allows readers to participate in the same learning process they will later use as teachers. The text gives a proper overview to the basic elements of music, and a clear sequence of instructional steps in order to teach music to children in elementary school. This market-leading textbook can also be used as a major resource for elementary general music education specialists in the classroom.Packaged with an audio CD for use with the lessons, the text continues to be written in such a way that, once students leave the college classroom, they can easily use the text package as a resource handbook with their own students, without continued music specialist assistance and. Pre-service and practicing teachers will appreciate the range of content covered in this edition including: Teaching the elements of music to children (theory, rhythm, melody, timbre, expressive elements, form, texture, and harmony); Developing music skills (voice instruction, musical instruments, listening activities, and movement); and Organizing musical experiences (lesson planning, and integrating music with other subjects). Noteworthy enhancements made to the fifth edition include: expanded ideas on integrating music across the curriculum to enhance students' knowledge of language arts, social studies, math and science; icons that represent curricular areas facilitate cross-curricular connections to music; references to the National Standards for Arts Education with direct applications to musical learning; inspirational accompaniment tracks for selected songs using children's voices; multicultural and patriotic folk songs, rhymes and movement activities; activities on beginning drumming; new helpful guidelines on maintaining vocal health; and more tools and suggestions for the assessment of concepts learned.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Rene Boyer, Michon Rozmajzl.
- Pearson custom library
- Accompanied by CD entitled: Learning through listening.
- Includes index.