Advances in structured operator theory and related areas : the Leonid Lerer anniversary volume
- Basel : Birkhäuser : Springer, c2013.
- Physical description
- xix, 246 p. : ill., 1 port. ; 25 cm.
- Operator theory, advances and applications ; v. 237.
QA329 .A38 2013
- Unknown QA329 .A38 2013
- Includes bibliography of Leonid Lerer.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Leonia Lerer's mathematical work and Amsterdam visits / M. A. Kaashoek
- Leonia Lerer and my first visit to Israel / H. Bart
- Through the eyes of a student / Irina Karelin
- Reminiscences on visits to Haifa / André C. M. Ran
- My first research experience / Hugo J. Woerdeman
- Interpolation in sub-bergman spaces / Joseph A. Ball, Vladimir Bolotnikov
- Zero sums of idempotents and Banach algebras failing to be spectrally regular / H. Bart, T. Ehrhardt, B. Silbermann
- Fast inversion of Polynomial-Vandermonde matrices for polynomial systems related to order one Quasiseparable Matrices / T. Bella, Y. Eidelman, I. Gohberg
- Long proofs of two Carlson-Schneider type inertia theorems / Harry Dym, Motke Porat
- On the kernel and cokernel of some Toeplitz operators / Torsten Ehrhardt, Ilya M. Spitkovsky
- Rational matrix solutions of a Bezout type equation on the half-plane / A. E. Frazho, M. A. Kaashoek, A. C. M. Ran
- Inverting structured operators related to Toeplitz plus Hankel operators / M. A. Kaashoek, F. van Schagen
- On the sign characteristics of selfadjoint matrix polynomials / Peter Lancaster, Ion Zaballa
- Quadratic operators in Banach spaces and nonassociative Banach algebras / Yu. I. Lyubich
- Strong stability of invariant subspaces of Quaternion matrices / Leiba Rodman
- Determinantal representations of stable polynomials / Hugo J. Woerdeman.
- Publisher's Summary
- This volume is dedicated to Leonid Lerer on the occasion of his seventieth birthday. The main part presents recent results in Lerer's research area of interest, which includes Toeplitz, Toeplitz plus Hankel, and Wiener-Hopf operators, Bezout equations, inertia type results, matrix polynomials, and related areas in operator and matrix theory. Biographical material and Lerer's list of publications complete the volume.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Operator theory.
- Publication date
- Marinus A. Kaashoek, Leiba Rodman, Hugo J. Woerdeman, editors.
- Title Variation
- Leonid Lerer anniversary volume
- Operator theory, advances and applications, 0255-0156 ; Volume 237
- Available in another form
- 9783034806398 (online)