Courting justice : ten New Jersey cases that shook the nation
- New Brunswick, N.J. : Rutgers University Press, c2013.
- Physical description
- xi, 268 p. ; 23 cm.
- Rivergate regionals.
KF220 .C67 2013
- Unknown KF220 .C67 2013
- Tractenberg, Paul L., 1938-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction / Paul L. Trachtenberg
- Henningsen v. Bloomfield Motors, Inc. (1960) : promoting product safety by protecting consumers of defective goods / Jay M. Feinman and Caitlin Edwards
- Marini v. Ireland (1970) : protecting low-income renters by judicial shock therapy / Richard H. Chused
- Southern Burlington County NAACP v. Township of Mount Laurel (1975) : establishing a right to affordable housing throughout the state by confronting the inequality demon / Robert C. Holmes
- In Re Karen Ann Quinlan (1976) : establishing a patient's right to die in dignity / Robert S. Olick and Paul W. Armstrong
- Right To Choose v. Byrne (1982) : establishing a state constitutional right to publicly funded abortions / Louis Raveson
- State v. Hunt (1982) : protecting privacy from unwarranted searches amid a national roadmap to independent state constitutional rights / Robert F. Williams
- In The Matter Of Baby M (1988) : reining in surrogate parenting and protecting a child's best interests / Suzanne A. Kim
- Lehmann v. Toys "R" Us (1993) : protecting employees from sexual harassment and a hostile work environment / Fredric Gross
- Doe v. Poritz and Megan's law (1995) : the subtle art of judicial deference to the legislature / Ronald K. Chen
- New Jersey's school funding litigation, Robinson v. Cahill and Abbott v. Burke (2011) : the epitome of the state supreme court as an independent, progressive voice in guaranteeing constitutional rights / Paul L. Tractenberg
- Conclusion: New Jersey's 1947 constitution and the creation of a modern state supreme court / John B. Wefing.
- Publication date
- Paul L. Tractenberg, editor ; foreword by Deborah T. Poritz.
- Title Variation
- Ten New Jersey cases that shook the nation
- Rivergate regionals