Solutions for the assessment of bilinguals
- Bristol : Multilingual Matters, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xv, 232 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
LB1576 .S66 2013
- Unknown LB1576 .S66 2013
- Mueller-Gathercole, Virginia C., editor.
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- 1. Virginia C. Mueller Gathercole: Assessment of Bilinguals: Innovative Solutions 2. Fred Genesee, Robert Savage, Caroline Erdos and Corinne Haigh: Identification of Reading Difficulties in Students Schooled in a Second Language 3. Carolyn Ann Letts: What are the Building Blocks for Language Acquisition? Underlying Principles of Assessment for Language Impairment in the Bilingual Context 4. Maria-Jose Ezeizabarrena, Julia Barnes, Inaki Garcia, Andoni Barrena and Margareta Almgren: Using Parental Report Assessment for Bilingual Preschoolers: The Basque Experience 5. Ciara O'Toole: Using Parent Report to Assess Bilingual Vocabulary Acquisition: A Model from Irish 6. Elizabeth D. Pena, Lisa M. Bedore and Christine Fiestas: Development of Bilingual Semantic Norms: Can Two be One? 7. Hans Stadthagen-Gonzalez, Virginia C. Mueller Gathercole, Rocio Perez Tattam, Feryal Yavas: Vocabulary Assessment of Bilingual Adults: To Cognate or Not to Cognate 8. Maria Kambanaros, Kleanthes K. Grohmann: Profiling (Specific) Language Impairment in Bilingual Children: Preliminary Evidence from Cyprus 9. Enlli Mon Thomas, Virginia C. Mueller Gathercole and Emma K. Hughes: Sociolinguistic Influences on the Linguistic Achievement of Bilinguals: Issues for the Assessment of Minority Language Competence 10. Eva Rodriguez-Gonzalez: The Effects of Peer Feedback Practices in Spanish Second Language Writing 11. Erika Hoff: Commentary on Issues in the Assessment of Bilinguals and Solutions for the Assessment of Bilinguals.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Solutions for the Assessment of Bilinguals presents innovative solutions for the evaluation of language abilities and proficiency in multilingual speakers - and by extension, the evaluation of their cognitive and academic abilities. This volume brings together researchers working in a variety of bilingual settings to discuss critical matters central to the assessment of bilingual children and adults. The studies include typically developing bilingual children; bilingual children who may be at risk for language impairments; bilingual and multilingual children found in classrooms; and second-language learners in childhood and adulthood. The contributions propose a variety of ways of assessing performance and abilities in the face of the multiple issues that complicate the best interpretation of test performance.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Edited by Virginia C. Mueller Gathercole.