Conflicts in culture : strategies to understand and resolve the issues
- Harris, Sandra, 1946-
- Lanham, Maryland : Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, Inc., 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xvi, 95 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
LB2341 .H3245 2013
- Unknown LB2341 .H3245 2013
- Jenkins, Steve.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 93-94).
- Foreword Preface Acknowledgements Introduction Chapter 1 - The Cultural Highway Chapter 2 - Framework for Analyzing Cultural Conflict Chapter 3 - Conflict Resolution Strategies Chapter 4 - Cultural Deficit Chapter 5 - Cultural Denial Chapter 6 - Culture Discovery Chapter 7 - Culture Celebration Chapter 8 - Culture Conscience Chapter 9 - Cultural Community Chapter 10 - Are We There Yet? Appendices References Author Biographies.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- The changing demographics of students and educators in schools today suggest that much of what we do as educational leaders revolves around the complex issues related to our various cultural understandings. In this book the authors discuss the relationship between culture and conflict and provide a continuum to better understand the basis for much cultural conflict. Authors emphasize a systematic framework that can be used to guide the practitioner in resolving conflicts rooted in cultural issues - from less difficult issues such as the cultural conflicts that occur on a campus between academic cultures and athletic cultures, to the more complicated and delicate issues rooted in racial or sexual identity issues.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Universities and colleges > United States > Administration.
- Education, Higher > Social aspects > United States.
- Discrimination in education > United States.
- Racism in education > United States.
- Homophobia in higher education > United States.
- Culture conflict > United States.
- Conflict management > United States.
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Sandra Harris and Steve Jenkins.